Monday, May 01, 2006

Mac commercials: Look like a series

Recently at The Unofficial Apple Weblog (TUAW), Dan reported that he saw the new Mac commercial on Prison Break. Here is what he said,

"Shout for joy, oh members of the Mac Elite -- our time has finally come! Apple is officially airing a TV advert that -- brace yourselves -- focuses on the Mac. In the spot I saw (on FOX, during Prison Break), comedian John Hodgeman (claiming to be "PC") and another actor (claiming to be "Mac") have a conversation about viruses. Hodgeman gets sick, and "Mac" talks about how Macs aren't affected by PC malware. Hodgeman then "crashes," falling backwards. It was almost too good to be true."

Well ladies and gents shout for joy again because I saw a Mac commercial today as well when I was watching CBS (Two and a Half Men i think). Basically, one guy goes "I'm a Mac" and another says "I'm a PC." Wait, it gets better. The PC is listening to an iPod and he says it "works so seamlessly in iTunes." Then the Mac goes "You should check out iMovie, iPhoto, iWeb [sic] because they all work like iTunes. You know, iLife (makes a noise and has a converging of the hands). Comes on every Mac."

PC: "iLife? (satiric tone). Well I have some very cool apps that are bundled."

Mac: "Well, what do you have?"

PC: "I have a calculator, a clock"

Mac: "Sounds like hours of fun"

This means that the Mac commercials must be a part of a whole series to show off all the cool Mac advantages.

*This has been brought to you by my Tivo.

No comments: